Forum Forum Fortifications of the World
A web site about fortifications and freeware programs : Fortifications of the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Data entry Drop down box icons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Fortifications of the World Forum Index -> SmartDB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RadioRestorer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Data entry Drop down box icons Reply with quote

I am setting up a database for an antique radio collection and like the flexibility of Smart DB over HappyCollection and Radiocollections. I am running WinXP Pro, SP3 on an IBM Netvista with 1.5 GB ram. I am having the following problem: When I am entering data in the data fields and click on the drop down box icon to the right of the field, the icon moves to the right about 1/2 inch when it is closed. Each time it is accessed it moves right again, moving through the filter area and finally to the right margin. Additional clicking on the icon starts to move the right margin to the right. I know, this is weird!! If I close the program and start again, the icon is correctly positioned, but moves when clicked on.

I have uninstalled and re installed the program twice without any luck. I downloaded the program again last night.

Another question, is it possible to apply printing filters to chose which fields are printed, or is it just the first 16 fields?

Thank you for your help.
ale
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just up-loaded a new version, V 3.6, which should solve the problem you described above.

You cannot directly chose the fields that you want to print. The way to do it is to export either in Excel or in Ascii (11th and 12th large buttons, in the top row), with a selection of the fields that you want to export (check-boxes on the left side of the 21 data-boxes). Then, you can print this file.

Note for Vista users : The exported files will not be created in the "C:\Program Files\SmartDB_V36" directory, as it is used to be with Windows XP, but in the "C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SmartDB_V36" directory (xxx = your login)

Happy new year 2011 Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Fortifications of the World Forum Index -> SmartDB All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: