Forum Forum Fortifications of the World
A web site about fortifications and freeware programs : Fortifications of the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Violation d'acces a l'address' during GEDCOM import

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Fortifications of the World Forum Index -> SmartGenealogy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
henryd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: 'Violation d'acces a l'address' during GEDCOM import Reply with quote

Hello,

I am getting 'Violation d'acces a l'adresse 007A436E dans le module Smartgenealogy.com" during Gedcom input from a Gedcom file that was created by Smartgenealogy. This does not happen in all/every file.

I have used a Gedcom validation program on the Gedcom file and there does not appear to be a problem with the file.

I am doing the following:
- Import data from an Excel file
- Immediately export this data to a gedcom file
- (after renaming original Smartgenealogy database) Import data from this gedcom file. I change nothing, just re-import again
- A message appears saying 'Converting from Gedcom Ansel to Gedcom ANSI'
- 'Families' and 'Persons' are imported ok. The 'Events' starts to be imported and after some records, Above error occurs.

This is strange as I believe I had used this same excel file (certainly the same data if not same excel file) in previous version/s of Smartgenealogy and it went through OK. I am using Smartgenealogy 3.0j under Win 7.

(It may or may not be relevant, but this file has some large Notes)
ale
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I did not manage to reproduce the problem, which probably only happen when you have some sort of special characters in your data.
However, i modified the program and that could well be the solution.
Please try again with the following exe : http://alainlecomte.free.fr/autres/SmartGenealogy_exe_3.0k.zip

In case it does not fix the bug, i will need from you an example of a gedcom file giving this problem.
henryd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Afraid the patch did not fix the error.

So, if you want I can send you the file, but it is about 5mb. I have to send the whole file as I do not know which part is producing the error!
let me know.
ale
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did receive and analyse your gedcom file.
I found that the problem occurs while importing the mariage event for person I326 (Family F87)
For this event, the Note is 355 lines in length, while SmartGenealogy could only accomodate 255 lines.
I increased that limit to a maximum of 2000 lines, which should be confortable.
You can get the modified exe here :
http://alainlecomte.free.fr/autres/SmartGenealogy_exe_3.0L.zip
henryd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! That has solved the problem.

Thank you so much for such a great problem and exceptional support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Fortifications of the World Forum Index -> SmartGenealogy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: