Forum Forum Fortifications of the World
A web site about fortifications and freeware programs : Fortifications of the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem exporting to Gedcom (?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Fortifications of the World Forum Index -> SmartGenealogy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarpeDiem

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Problem exporting to Gedcom (?) Reply with quote

Hello
I Use Smart Genealogy 3.0 on Win 7 Pro.
I found the program great to edit new individuals as with excel you can edit very fast all the data.
When I import excel files to Smart Genealogy db it works great (no missing data, no misundestanting), but I have som problem exporting from SG to Gedcom.
As I see:
1) If there is no birth date (I do mean none at all) it does not export to Gedcom the birth place, even if the field in SG is compiled. It could happen that the birth date is unknown but the birth place is known.
2) Some fields are not exported to Gedcom at all, as Burial Date and Burial Place, Residence and some other fields.

Those are bugs or I'm editing data in the wrong way?

Thank you for your answer.
Giorgio
ale
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

I just created a very small test database, with only 5 events : Burial, Residence, Event, Death, and Birth (date only, no place)
I exported it as a gedcom file :

0 @I2147483647@ INDI
1 NAME Jeanette/Pinson/
2 GIVN Jeanette
2 SURN Pinson
1 SEX F
1 BURI
2 DATE 19 DEC 1848
2 PLAC Paris 16
1 RESI
2 DATE 1799
2 PLAC Rouen
1 EVEN
2 DATE 17 FEB 1808
2 PLAC Paris 15e
2 CAUS Voyage aux USA
1 DEAT
2 DATE 15 DEC 1848
2 PLAC Parly II
1 BIRT
2 DATE 14 DEC 1785

Then, i re-imported this ged file into SmartGenealogy, and got everything back in the database.

You can get this ged file here : http://alainlecomte.free.fr/temp/Base_test_01.ged
Please import it into SmartGenealogy in your own P.C. and see what happen.
CarpeDiem

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found where the problem is.
I'm the problem.......
I assumed that events as Burials or Residence Place or unknown birth place or date are not to be edited also in the "events" Execl Folder. I edited them only in the "persons" Execel Folder. So exporting to gedcom files these data are lost.

So now I know that all the events of every kind must edited in the "events" folder.....

3000 records to review......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Fortifications of the World Forum Index -> SmartGenealogy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: