Forum Forum Fortifications of the World
A web site about fortifications and freeware programs : Fortifications of the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Same Sex Marriage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Fortifications of the World Forum Index -> SmartGenealogy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RsH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: Same Sex Marriage Reply with quote

Now that it is legal in all of Canada my son and his partner married here in Ontario in 2012 and it is in my Gedcom, but it does NOT show up correctly when that Gedcom is imported into SmartGenealogy. One of the two shows the other as the person married to, but the other person does NOT show the partner in the marriage. While they live in the U.S. in a state that does not yet recognize their marriage, 19 of the U.S. states now do, in addition to all of Canada, so I feel SmartGenealogy should also properly handle these marriages, and children of those couples, even if both are male and adopt, or female and use ivf to become pregnant.
ale
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, I must modify SmartGenealogy to be able to handle homosexual marriages, and so much more than it is also legal in France since June 2013.
I had a quick look about how this could be done, and it seems that it will not be an easy modification, because many things rely on the fact that this union is between a man and a woman, and it should be modified to have a union between a person (male or female) and another person (male or female)
I will have a deeper look asap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Fortifications of the World Forum Index -> SmartGenealogy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: