Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Location: Versailles, France
|Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:58 pm Post subject: Welcome !
|Welcome to this forum.
The first post will be a reminder of what is SmartDB :
With SmartDB you can create and easily use databases with the following characteristics :
- Each record can have up to 22 different fields
- Those fields can be declared as text or number
- For each record, you can add up to 10 photographs (BMP or JPEG) or multimedia files
- The records can be ordered by any of the 22 fields
- Seek possible on the first field
- Global seek possible on the whole database
- Each database can be protected and classified as 'read only'
- Each database can be ciphered (6 digits key chosen by the user)
- Filters can be used on any of the 22 fields
- One can isolate quickly the records with a photo
- Each database (filtrated or not) can be printed
- A preview is available before printing
- Each database can be exported in Excel format
- Each database can be exported in csv format (Delimited Ascii text)
- One can import an Excel file to create a new database
- One can import a csv file to create a new database
- One can import an Excel file to add data to an existing database
- Printing possible with several formats (Standard, badges, school bulletins)
SmartDB is delivered with several example databases to demonstrate what it can do and how easy it is to use it
- Telephone directory
- Stamps collection
- Great men
SmartDB runs under Windows 95-98-XP-NT
In English and French.