Forum Forum Fortifications of the World
A web site about fortifications and freeware programs : Fortifications of the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smart DBase Dont run on xp pro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Fortifications of the World Forum Index -> SmartDB
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cab

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:46 am    Post subject: Smart DBase Dont run on xp pro Reply with quote

Smart Dbase install without problems. But dont open files cause "incorrect format". Other times, cause Midas.dll

I use Converter aplication but the same. Dont open files.
I declare (register) Midas Dll, but the same. Dont open files.

Can you help me?

My work station: Pentium 4 HT 3 Ghz, board intel 865GBF run windows XP pro.

Thanks.
ale
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you be more specific :

- Which version of SmartDB do you currently use? (V 3.0?)
- When you write "dont open files", which files are you talking about : Example files provided with this version of SmartDB, or your own files produced with an older version of SmartDB?
- In this last case, what was the version number of this old program Question
cab from Colombia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: More info feedback Reply with quote

Mr. Ale, thanks for your answer.

Yes. I currently use SmartDB 3.0 with example files privided with it, and I have download and reinstall 3 times but the same. I dont can open or save files.

Just now I reinstall SmartDB 3.0 for say you about problem and this time I see it at first run:

Erreur de chargement du fichier MIDAS.DLL

I have HappyCollection run on my pc without problems (nice programs, Ale) but I want try SmartDB cause I believe its better for me. Thanks for your help.

Cab
ale
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that this Midas dll is not registered on your computer :
1 - Check that Midas.dll does exist in the SmartDB installation directory
2 - Push the Start button (bottom left of your screen)
3 - Select "Execute"
4 - In the edit-box, type-in "Regsrv32.exe midas.dll" (you may have to add the full path in front of midas.dll)
5 - Push OK

Good luck Wink
Cab from Colombia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: SmartDB is full operating on XP Pro ...thanks!!! Reply with quote

Ale: now all is ok but I want give you feedback about this problem. It seems that you wrote wrong "Regsrv32.exe" for Regsvr32.exe.
And it seems that midas.dll intro SmartDB software is old for actual xp pro. I believe it but I am not sure about it. Only you know (escuse

me bad english).

I have registered midas.dll like you say me but the same: not open examples files and not save new user databases.

So, I have had thar eraser all midas.dll drivers on my system and push a new midas.dll drivers version 2004 intro system folder (not intro

folder software), and... ¡SmartDB is full operating Very Happy in my system! No more problems. I dont know if SmartDB is working with the new versión

or with the old (in the SmartDB installation directory), but SmartDB is ok now, and I dont want try eraser it (old) cause I really dont want

problems other time.

Your software es beatiful. Very, very good database. ¡True smart! ¡Thanks for all, for your time and speeder answers!
At last, ;-] please say me, how much dates or registers can be ok in one smartDB database.
Have you a good day.

Cab.
ale
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- You are right, it is "Regsvr32.exe" (and not "Regsrv32.exe" as i wrote by mistake).

- The first place where Windows looks for a DLL is the directory where the EXE file is located. Only if it does not find it there, it looks in the \Windows\System directory.

- Glad that you like SmartDB. If i understand correctly your question, you ask how many records you can write in a given SmartDB database : It depends upon the power of your computer and the number of fields used in that database. I personaly use a database with 5700 records and a private organisation has produced a CD-ROM using SmartDB with a database of 7204 records (with photos), and it works satisfactorily. Cool
patrick153

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar problem as the previous person.
I downloaded Smartdb Version 3.4G
My computer config is AMD Athlon(tm)XP2100+
1.73GHz
240MB of RAM
I run windows XP professional

When I try and run the programme, I get a message in French that reads
"Erreur de changement du fu\ichier MIDAS.DLL
I enter on the block the programme doesn't even op up.
What am I doing wrong?
Please help

Regards

Patrcik Flowerday Email herbavit@mweb.co.za
ale
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrick153 wrote:
What am I doing wrong?

Nothing, just the midas.dll is not registered on you computer.
The cure is always the same :

1 - Push the Windows Start button (bottom left button on your screen)
2 - Select "Execute"
3 - In the "Open" edit-box, type-in Regsvr32.exe midas.dll
(You may have to add the full path in front of midas.dll, for instance Regsvr32.exe C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\midas.dll)
4 - Push OK

You should get a Windows message informing that the registration of the midas dll has been done successfuly

The version provided with the SmartDB download is Version 6.0.10 : If it does not work with your computer, try version 7, available here :
Version 7.0.4 : http://www.dlldll.com/getdll/3361.html

Older versions are here :
- Version 6.0.6 : http://aais9.nkfust.edu.tw/download/midas.dll
- Version 6.0.10 : http://www.abies.de/downl-daten/daten/midas.zip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Fortifications of the World Forum Index -> SmartDB All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: