Forum Forum Fortifications of the World
A web site about fortifications and freeware programs : Fortifications of the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Export to EXCEL - Dates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Fortifications of the World Forum Index -> SmartGenealogy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdgraves

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Export to EXCEL - Dates Reply with quote

I recently downloaded the SmartGenealogy program, and attempted the export to MS EXCEL. I love that feature. BUT, I found one quick issue that could be CRITICAL. Shocked The date format used in export has the values in EXCEL as mm/dd/yy. Excel by default thinks these are 19xx dates, as when I reformat to mm/dd/yyyy they are at 19xx year.

Any ideas on getting the correct dates exported to EXCEL?
ale
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dates stored in SmartGenealogy will be exported in the Excel file as text : They will be exactly the text that you typed-in in the database.
For instance, if a birth date as been saved as "31/03/2010", it will be stored in the Excel file as the text "31/03/2010".

Now, if you want to change the way it looks like in you Excel worksheet, you just have to do as follow (have a look to the picture below) :

- Select the date column (for instance "Birth-date") and change its type from Standard to Date
- Change the format of the date for instance from DD/MM/YYYY to YYYY-MM-DD

This does not change the data themself, but only how it looks like in the "Birth-date" column.

1 = Cell with original text format
2 = Cell formated as a Date DD-MM-YYYY
3 = Cell formated as a Date YYYY-MM-DD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Fortifications of the World Forum Index -> SmartGenealogy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: