Forum Forum Fortifications of the World
A web site about fortifications and freeware programs : Fortifications of the World

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Violation ..." error when importing through GEDCO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Fortifications of the World Forum Index -> SmartGenealogy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
henryd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: "Violation ..." error when importing through GEDCO Reply with quote

Hello,

Let me start by saying again what a very usefull prgram smartgenealogy is for me!
I am getting "Violation... " error when using the GEDCOM import module.
I succesfully import an EXCEL file through the Excel import module. I then export the same file (no changes made to data) to a GEDCOM file. Then I try to import again the SAME gedcom file (no changes made) through the gedcom module, but the program gives a "violation... " error.
I am assuming the problem may be similar to the one below, which I am guessing relates to imprt from an excel file?
(I am sorry but I do not understand French so apologies if the issue has already been resolved).
I am using Smartgenealgy 3.0f under Windows 7 and Excel 2010.

Tony

ale wrote:
Bonjour

J'ai finalement reproduit le problème "Violation d'accès à l'adresse..." que vous constatez, et identifié la cause : Il est dû à un tableau de variables de taille insuffisante, qui sert à mémoriser l'historique des fiches visitées. (Ce problème existe probablement depuis l'époque où j'avais ajouté les deux boutons de navigation dans l'historique).
Ce problème est résolu dans la version V3.0e, disponible ici : http://alainlecomte.free.fr/SmartGenealogy.zip

J'ai aussi modifié le calcul de l'age, pour qu'il soit correctement calculé dans les cas où les dates de naissance et décés sont saisies au format type "05/12/1855"
Par ailleurs, le vérificateur de dates ne signalera plus d'alerte si on utilise une date d'évenement comme "BET 1855 AND 1900"

Concernant l'épuration des n° de famille devenus inutiles, il est vrai que c'est assez long si la base est de bonne taille : Sur mon PC, il faut 9 minutes pour épurer une base comprenant 1779 familles et 8291 personnes, et il faut 22 minutes pour épurer une base comprenant 2331 familles et 5979 personnes. Je n'ai pas eu de bloquage : Vérifiez éventuellement avec repareDB.exe si la table Familles (fichier dont le nom se termine par ..._F.db) ne nécessite pas d'être reconstruite.
ale
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

The Violation error that you are refering to was due to a variable too small to track the navigation (using the arrow buttons) after 126 actions. In versions V3.0e and V3.0f, this has been fixed and it can now handle several thousands of actions.

Since i do have both W7 and Excel 2010, i try to reproduce the problem you describe, but no success.

The problem you get, importing your gedcom file, is perhaps caused by a wrong or misplaced Gedcom tag.
Open this Ged file with Notepad, and check if you can locate something looking abnormal.

If you do not find anything, you can send me this Ged file for analysis.
Good luck
henryd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply and continued help.

I have run the gedcom file produced by smartgenealogy through a 'gedcom validation program' which indicated that there is a problem as follows: "incorrectly handled word wrapping" (I do have some large notes). When the program 'fixed' this word wrapping problem the file could be read back ok. Thank you so much for your help. (I look forward to maybe a fix for this?)

Alos, I seem to have problem with the "rename" database module. I will have a detailed look at this and get back to you.

Again thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Fortifications of the World Forum Index -> SmartGenealogy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: